Tomorrow is finally arriving! I'm shipping out from Logan to St. George, where I'll be for the next 3 months working with the crew. I'm excited to finally meet the crew and get things rolling. I rented out a free bike from the University yesterday, which I'm going to take down with me. I've heard there are TONS of cool biking trails, etc. that I'm excited to try out.

I talked to some of my best buds from home today, which made me feel good. I'm missing home like crazy, but I've met a ton of cool people out this way. I have time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I'm doubting I'll make a trip home. It's mad expensive for plane tickets there and back, and plus, I want to check out some of the terrain around these parts when I have some time off. Everyone's been telling me about the great places to climb, hike, and ski so I want to check out some of that. I'm sure some people in my crew want to do the same.

I was looking at the crew list today, and it looks like I'm the only one from the East Coast (only one east of Kentucky, in fact). This means that there shouldn't be any Yankee fans. If there are, then they have no excuse.

So check out this living situation. I think there's going to be 7 of us in one house, which should be cool. BUT - for the first 2 weeks, the house won't be ready. Therefore, we're staying in a 4-bed condo (with one bathroom I think). That could AND WILL be pretty tight...at least it's only for a couple of weeks though, right?

Halloween was AWESOME - partied here on Friday night and then on Saturday, we went to a rave at the Saltair (outside of Salt Lake City). It was a great time - and I was a woodsman both nights. Check out the pictures on Facebook.

Phillies made it rain on the Yankees last night. Chase Utley is a killer. He tied the record for the most home runs in a World Series, with five, after he had another two-home run game last night. Ryan Howard, though, not so much - 12 strikeouts in a World Series (tied record). STEP IT UP!

I just saw the guy who hooked me up with my bike yesterday - very nice guy. He has a mustache...a lot of people in Utah do, I've noticed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment