I went to the Suns game tonight and sat in a suite. There were two of us, and no food. I must be spoiled since the only time I've been in a suite like that was at the AAA Baseball Team USA vs. Italy four years ago (awesome time by the way - tons of food and excellent fun). At the Suns though, there were cans of Coke in the fridge, but nothing else. I didn't expect anything since it was free, preseason, and unexpected to even sit there. The view angle was cool though. I was thinking of how it would be neat to have seats that hang down from the ceiling that could move around...if you can picture that.

I go to a lot of games. In 4 weeks I've gone to 3 of the Mercury championship games and 3 Suns' preseason games. I'm lucky I get the hook-up from Danny since he works at the arena. Tonight was the first time I've sat in the suite level. It's more exciting sitting in regular seats...especially when there are only 2 of you in the suite! I like the view from lower down towards the court. Then you can see Steve Nash tear it up; unless, of course, he limps off the court in the 2nd quarter and doesn't return to the game. Amare has been on fire too. OF COURSE - I'll always be a Celtics fan! (good record in preseason for them, by the way).

I had an interview today to work with the Utah Conservation Corps (Americorps program) to be a leader or a team member for 3 months starting in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to get it. It'll be six volunteers and two team leaders doing habitat restoration; specifically hiking trails. I'm excited to hear back!

Nothing else going on really...weather's nice!

1 comments:

I lived in Arizona for a couple of years and I agree on the sheer lameness of Phoenix! Northern Arizona is cool though, and I'm glad you're going to be in Utah (at least, geographically...) I used to be a big Phoenix Suns fan when Barkley used to play for them... I cannot stand the Cardinals though, especially with Warner as their QB.

Go Pats!!!!

Enjoy the wilderness of Utah and Northern AZ! Do check out the Grand Canyon if you can -- it's an awesome sight especially in the winter...

Post a Comment