The Buffalo Bills were charging down the Patriots' half of the field as the final 10 minutes ticked off of the 4th quarter. Greg Webber, confident that the Bills were running away with the game, challenged everyone to a bet that the Patriots wouldn't string a comeback together. All of my instincts told me to take the bet because I knew that Tom Brady would pull another game-winning drive out of his pocket. Needless to say, I didn't take the bet. What was I thinking?

As the clock winded down to the final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, the Buffalo Bills had just scored a touchdown to put them up 24-13 against the New England Patriots. Greg still taunted us to take his bet, but I still didn't for some reason.

BOOM! The Patriots charge down the field and score a TD to put them within 5 with 2:06 remaining (failed 2pt conversion).

Kickoff.....McKelvin of the Bills catches it in the end zone...doesn't down it for the guaranteed touchback, but takes it up field! Here comes Merriweather....LATER! Stripped ball and the Patriots take control on the Bills' 31. Quick pass from Brady to Watson AGAIN for the game-winner because Trent Edwards cannot run an offense against the Patriots when they're winning at home with less than a minute remaining.

If only I took that bet from Greg, I would be owed an ice cream cone at Friendly's. Yeah, the bet was for ice cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment