It's about time that I made the switch from Livejournal to something a little more professional (kind of). That being said, I haven't "seriously" used my Livejournal in a few years, but I did enjoy writing in it back in the day. I can't promise myself that I'll even use this, but for some reason I was inspired to start writing in a blog. I hope to someday be Tim Meadows' Blog Master.

So yesterday kicked off the 2009 NFL season. Actually, last Thursday's game between the Steelers and the Titans did, but I hold so much animosity towards the Steelers that last Thursday wasn't put in the category of yesterday's games. I wasn't around for the beginning part of the afternoon, but I caught some of the endings to the 1pm games and then all of the 4pm games.

HILIGHTS FROM SUNDAY

  • Brandon Stokley's game-winning 87-yard touchdown pass from Kyle Orton with less than 1 minute remaining in the 4th quarter
  • Adrian Peterson runs for 180 yards and 3 touchdowns as Brett Favre passes for 1 touchdown
  • Drew Brees "cuts up" the Lions as he passes for 6 touchdown passes and over 350 yards
  • Giants defense owns the Redskins. Osi Umenyiora forces a fumble and returns it for a touchdown
  • Green Bay wins as Aaron Rodgers throws a deep touchdown pass to Greg Jennings on 3rd and 1 instead of going for the field goal

As for other games, I'm looking forward to Tom Brady's return to the NFL tonight as the Patriots take on the Marshawn Lynch-less Buffalo Bills. It'll be interesting to see how Terrell Owens does on his new team as well. Also tonight is the Oakland Raiders vs. the San Diego Chargers. I can't wait to see Ladanian Tomlinson tear up the spotty Raiders' defense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment